As a patient you have the right to:
- Be registered with a GP.
- Change Doctor easily and quickly.
- Be offered a health check on joining the Practice.
- Receive emergency care at any time through a GP.
- Receive health care on the basis of clinical need regardless of ability to pay.
- Be given a clear explanation of any treatment proposed. Have appropriate drugs and medicines prescribed.
- Be referred to a Consultant acceptable to you when the GP thinks it is necessary.
- Have access to your medical records, subject to any limitations in the law, and know that those working for the NHS are under legal duty to keep the contents confidential.
- Choose whether or not to take part in medical student training.
- Request a yearly health check if you are 75 years or over.
- Receive a full and prompt reply to any complaints about the services provided by the Practice.
As a patient of this Practice we expect you to
- Treat the Doctors and Practice Staff with courtesy and respect.
- Be punctual for appointments.
- Give the Practice as much notice as possible if you are unable to keep your appointment.
- Make more than one appointment if more than one person needs to be seen.
- Be prepared to make further appointments if you have numerous or complicated problems.
- Be patient if appointment times are running late—please remember it may be you who needs extra time on another occasion.
- Ask for a home visit only if illness prevents you attending the Surgery—children can usually be brought safely to the Surgery.
- Be prepared to see any GP in the Practice.
- Plan ahead when ordering repeat prescriptions and always use the repeat prescription Line number — (028) 90164800 option 1 this line operates from 8.30am to 5.00pm daily. This number leaves the other lines free for emergencies, appointments and enquiries.
- Carefully follow the treatment prescribed by your Doctor.
If you wish to make constructive comments, suggestions or a complaint please contact the manager or complete a complaint form and leave it at the reception desk or post to practice manager.